At L&Q, we carry out our business sustainably, ethically and
Our core business to provide high quality affordable housing will always be at the heart of what we do. Financial strength plays a vital role in letting us do this. However, we are also anchored by our social roots.
Our approach to social responsibility includes:
- Providing the best homes and services for our customers that we can
- Investing in projects that support communities and improve people's life chances over the long term
- Working to reduce our impact on the environment as per our environmental policy
- Embracing diversity and investing in our people to develop everyone's full potential
- Working with partners who can help us achieve our social mission
- compliance with the Modern Slavery Act
For the last three years we have participated in Business in the Community's social responsibility index. This robust index tests and rates Britain's leading companies across a broad range of areas, such as sustainability, community investment, corporate strategy, staff/workplace initiatives and marketplace management.
In the 2016 index L&Q achieved a score of 84%, a two percent increase on our previous score.