Health & Wellbeing
By addressing issues such as stress and offering programmes for individuals to manage their health, our aim is to make L&Q a place where people want to work.
Whilst stress is not a particular problem for the staff at L&Q we have been looking at the issue of stress management and are highlighting what L&Q has to offer to help manage stress in the workplace or at home.
L&Q offers a number of training courses aimed at managing stress:
- Assertive communication
- Time management
- Conflict resolution
Our training department also have books, videos and CD-Roms available in our staff resource library.
Our popular massage chair tours our offices offering our staff a place to relax.
Capita employee assistance programme
A free, totally confidential service available to all staff and their immediate families. The scheme consists of a 24 hour telephone service incorporating counseling, legal advice from qualified consultants, solicitors and barristers and a debt counseling service.
If necessary one-to-one counseling is also available.
Capita fitness to live
Our staff well being initiative offers health and well-being information and programmes to our staff via the 'Fitness to Live' website:
- Health improvement programmes with personal assessments and information on health including sleeping well, managing pressure, eating healthily and exercising effectively
- Assess health and performance through online assessments
- Available 24/7/365 and accessible wherever there is access to the internet
- Over 200 articles on topics ranging from top tips on power napping to avoiding back pain
- The site is regularly updated and all the information is medically validated and represents the latest research findings