Decent Homes and Major Works at Grove Park
You can find the latest news on our work at Grove Park on this
page. L&Q is working to bring all our Grove Park properties up
to the Decent Homes standard and undertaking major works across the
Kitchen and bathroom replacements
Kitchen and Bathroom replacements, electrical rewires and upgrades commenced in March 2009 and all work to the 820 homes was completed by the end of August 2010. L&Q are now 100% compliant for Decent Homes Standards to the Grove Park Transfer Area.
Works to install windows and doors to 900 flats and houses commenced March 2009. Both Phases are now complete.
Kingsfield House and Merryfield House
All works detailed below are now complete to both of these blocks.
- Decent homes works
- Fire alarm
- Emergency lighting
- Mains boosted water system
- Electrical works
- New roofs
- Installation of photovoltaic cells (solar panels)
- Lifts refurbished to Disability Discrimination Act 2005 standards
- Internal redecorations and improvement works
- External cyclical redecorations and structural repairs to balconies.
Note- Fire check front entrance doors have also been fitted to all tenanted flats.
Sandstone Road (blocks 1-71 and 73-143)
Major refurbishment works commenced September 2010 and were completed
August 2011 -- £900,000.00 Contract Value.
Works to 72 units in 2 no blocks included:
- New front doors and side panels
- Door entry system including full security enclosure to communal staircases
- Structural / concrete repairs
- New balustrades
- New coverings to walkways
- Fascias / soffits / gutters and downpipes
- Roofing repairs
- Fire breaks to lofts
- External decorations
- Alterations to bin stores
- Block signage
- Car parking improvements to rear of Block 73-143
Other maintenance work
Works / Contracts Completed:
- Structural repairs
- Water mains replacements
- Roads and footpaths - £600,000.00 contract value
- Communal and emergency lighting to 9 no of blocks
- Fire safety works to replace fire check entrance doors
- Gas central heating 14 new systems installed and 550 boilers replaced
- Cyclical Redecorations Phase 1 - general needs properties
- Cyclical Redecorations Phase 2 - mixed tenure properties (Wydeville Manor)
- Cyclical Redecorations - Phase 3 - general needs
- Cyclical Redecorations - Phase 4 - mixed tenure
- Cyclical Redecorations - Phase 5 - mixed tenure - Kingsfield and Merryfield Houses
Works/Contracts In Progress:
- Phase 2 - Roofs, garages and associated works due to finish November 2012
- Phase 6 - Cyclical Redecorations, mixed Tenure due to finish January 2013
Works/Contracts To Commence from January 2012:
- Roofs, Garages and Associated Works Phase 2 Due to finish November 2012
- Cyclical Redecorations - Phase 6 - Mixed Tenure Due to finish January 2013
Environmental Improvements across the Estate
- Communal electrical upgrades
- New doors and door entry systems Marbrook Court, Corona Road and Elwyn Gardens
- Grounds maintenance improvement works
- Tarmac areas across the estate
- General Building works to fences, wall etc
Note All major works on the Grove Park Estate are due to be completed by the end of March 2013 four years from start to finish - which is ahead of the timescales made in the Grove Park stock transfer offer document.
We will continue to keep you updated with our progress, but you can get in touch with the Grove Park Team at any time on our freephone number:
0800 988 8242
You can also get in touch with the Grove Park Homes Community Board.