Lewisham stock transfers- Catford, Rushey Green and Forest Hill
Residents in several areas of Lewisham voted in favour of a change of landlord, from Lewisham Homes to L&Q, in January 2010.
The areas are:
- Crofton Park
- Forest Hill
- Lewisham Central
- Perry Vale
- Rushey Green
The transfer of properties from Lewisham Homes to L&Q took place on Monday 11 October 2010.
The Lewisham Stock transfers- nearly 2 years on
After nearly two years and the delivery of over 2,000 new kitchens and bathrooms, L&Q would like to thank both our residents for their patience and cooperation and our contractors, Richardson Ltd and Apollo Group, for their tireless hard work.
L&Qs mission is to create places where people want to live and were confident that this is precisely what we have achieved for all of the residents who voted to transfer to L&Q in 2010.
Kitchen and bathroom works will come to an end at the end of August (2012) so if you havent had your works done yet contact us urgently!
Stock Investment Team at Kingswear House, L&Q- 0800 015 6536
Apollo Group (Forest Hill area) 020 8676 0702
In 2011 a £1m programme of window upgrade works was undertaken across the Lewisham stock transfer areas.
Catford/ Rushey Green
- Catford conservation area in South Catford is anticipated to commence early 2013
- Lewisham Park, SE13. Anticipated to commence Autumn 2012
- Purpose built blocks in Catford SE6. Anticipated to commence late Summer 2012
- The final phase of window refurbishments / replacements is being planned for 2013 and will incorporate all addresses not captured by the above programmes.
- A £2.4m programme of window replacement/ refurbishment and external decorations works is currently on site across the Forest Hill conservation area; likely to complete early 2013
- The Dartmouth Estate programme of window and door replacements (if required) and stylish external decorations will encompass Kingswear House, Salcombe House and Torcross Drive. Anticipated to start Spring 2013
- Springfield Rise window and door replacement (if required) and external upgrades and decorations programme- due to commence 2012/13
- Sydenham Hill Estate- window and door refurbishment/ replacement- planned for 2013
- Phase 3 of window refurbishment and replacement works is being planned for 2012/13 start on site.
Prior to the stock transfer, L&Q committed to a cap on major works recharges of £5,000 (excl VAT and management fee) from years 2010-2015 and 2016-2020. This cap will be available to those leaseholders who were resident at the address as their main or only home at the time of the stock transfer in October 2010. Leaseholders who sublet their properties will not qualify for the cap on costs.
In order to keep residents informed throughout the stock transfer process, we have produced regular newsletters over the past two years. You can download and read the latest newsletters for your local transfer area.
Useful information about L&Q
You can find a range of useful information and online tools on this website to help you when you need to contact us. These include:
- Report a repair online - plus a range of information about repairs and maintenance
- Pay your rent online - plus more information about rent and service charges
- Moving home - transfer, moving to a smaller home and choice based lettings
- Comments, compliments and complaints - get in touch with our customer services team
- Resident involvement - information about residents associations and building your local community
- Home buying and owning - information for home owners