Skip to Navigation Skip to main Content


Site search

Changes to housing benefit - what you need to know

The government is changing benefits for working age claimants from April 2013.  If you currently claim housing benefit, other means-tested benefits or disability living allowance, you should find out how these changes will affect you.

Changes to housing benefit

Other benefit changes

  • Council tax support
  • Personal independence payment (changes to disability living allowance)

Paying your rent

Paying the rent is the most important part of your tenancy with us. You can prepare for changes to your benefits by finding out more about how to pay your rent.

How we can help

If you are worried about being able to pay your rent, you should ask for advice now. If you don't pay your rent you could lose your home, so it is important that you speak to us. We have dedicated teams and services that can help you with everything from finding work to dealing with debt.