Don’t get in hot water with your heating
If you notice any problems with your immersion heater system you should switch it off and notify L&Q immediately so we can arrange for a plumber to come and check the thermostat.
You should not attempt to investigate the problem yourself as there is a serious risk you could be scalded by water from a faulty thermostat in the immersion heater.
There may be a problem with your thermostat if any of the following things are happening:
- Very hot water coming out of the hot water taps
- Lots of noise or bubbling sounds coming from the hot water cylinder
- Hot water coming out of cold taps
- Hot water in the toilet cistern
- Steam or moisture in the roof space