Skip to Navigation Skip to main Content


Site search

Improving Your Home

Residents ask us what decorating and small DIY jobs they are able to do around their home under their tenancy regulations.

The answer is, there is not much you're not able to do - provided that:

  • you don't have an Assured Shorthold Tenancy
  • you get our permission first
  • it is carried by a fully registered contractor

 You will need to contact your neighbourhood services officer to obtain permission or you can contact  L&Q Direct.

We do of course have rules so please refer to the L&Q tenancy agreements for more information.