Right to aquire
Right to acquire criteria
- The right to acquire scheme started in April 1997 so this scheme is only available for homes built or funded after this time
- You must have an assured tenancy
- You must have been a public sector tenant for at least three years
- Your home is not due to be demolished - check with L&Q if you're not sure
- You don't have any legal problems with debt. For example, you're an undischarged bankrupt, have a bankruptcy petition pending against you or have obtained a debt relief order
- You don't have any outstanding possession orders
- The discount available is between £9,000 and £16,000. The amount of discount you qualify for depends on the borough in which you live
Where can I get more information?
If you've read the information in this section of the website and feel that you qualify, you can request an application pack by either contacting us online or calling 0800 015 6536.
There will some basic checks made we make before we send the application pack, but all final decisions will be made after a full application has been made.