L&Q residents can take part in groups that have a say on how L&Q is run and how it spends its money. Feeding directly into our Group Board are our Customer Experience Committee and Resident Services Group. Residents sit on both of these.
Customer Experience Committee
The Customer Experience Committee deals with customer services, strategy and governance and is made up of members of the L&Q group board, plus the Chair and Deputy of the Resident Services Group.
Resident Services Group
The Resident Services Group focuses on scrutiny and decisions relating to housing management and maintenance. It is involved in key performance indicators and data monitoring, policy and service improvement scrutiny, co-ordination and investigations, and escalation, devolution and referrals.
The Resident Services Group comprises the resident members of the Customer Experience Committee above plus a resident representative from each Neighbourhood.
We have eight Neighbourhood Committees across the areas where we work, so there should be a group local for you to join. Being on a Neighbourhood Committee means attending meetings to discuss both local issues and L&Q's performance. These meetings give you a real say in how we can work towards reducing poverty, increasing safety and improving levels of employment in an area.
We ask all committee members to read a set of papers before coming to each meeting so they can comment on how the committee should spend money on community projects and improvements. Neighbourhood Committees agree how we spend our estate management budget in their area.
Do you want to get involved in decision making?
We are currently recruiting for residents to become involved at all levels. If you're interested, please contact us.
What you can get out of it:
- Make a difference to the area where you live
- Have your say on how L&Q's services and how it spends its money
- Communication skills as you discuss issues in meetings and raise questions and concerns
- Analytical skills as you help us identify how we can improve our services
- Team working skills as you work with L&Q staff and other residents
- Committee experience as you learn how committees function
- Scrutiny skills as you challenge L&Q's performance and hold us to account
- Knowledge of housing and how L&Q works