Right to Buy
Right to buy criteria
- You must have a protected assured tenancy. You would have this if you had a home with your local authority and it was bought by L&Q through a stock transfer. Because you would have no choice in this transfer happening, your right to buy your local authority home is protected and L&Q must offer you this opportunity
- You must have been a public sector tenant for at least three years
- Your home is not about to be demolished. If you're not sure about this, check with L&Q
- You don't have any legal problems with debt. For example, you're an undischarged bankrupt, have a bankruptcy petition pending against you or have obtained a debt relief order
- You don't have any outstanding possession orders
If you can answer yes to the statements above then you probably qualify for right to buy, but check with your landlord to confirm this.
Where can I get more information?
If you'd like to find out more about your eligibility, please use the government's right to buy calculator to help understand.
If you've read the information on our website and feel that you qualify, you can request an application pack by either contacting L&Q Direct or calling 0300 456 9996 .
There will some basic checks made we make before we send the application pack, but all final decisions will be made after a full application has been made.