Renting from us
We have carved out a position as one of London’s largest, most experienced landlords by providing affordable, well-managed properties for a diverse range of tenants while maintaining a reputation for excellent customer service.
Our open market properties include a mix of Private Rent (PRS) and Intermediate Market Rent (IMR) tenures, all of which have been developed to meet our exacting standards.
Our Lettings team will be able to take you through our portfolio and find the place that’s right for you while our Maintenance team keep it in the best possible condition.
Private Rent (PRS)
Anyone can rent through L&Q – provided you are able to meet the minimum eligibility criteria. This is our way of making sure that you can afford to live comfortably in the property.
Intermediate Market Rent (IMR)
Intermediate Market Rent (IMR) is designed for those households who may not yet be able to afford to purchase their own home.
IMR allows you to rent at 20% reduction on the market rate, giving more opportunity to save towards purchasing in the future – provided you are able to meet the minimum eligibility criteria.
Potential L&Q tenants must:
• have the right to rent – this is proven through possession of British/ EU/EEA Citizenship or a valid UK residency visa
• have no history of bankruptcy, county court judgements (CCJs) or Individual Voluntary Agreements (IVAs)
• be able to meet the minimum income standards
• be able to provide one month’s rent in advance and five weeks rent as a tenancy deposit
We may also consider students or households on fixed-term employment contracts (with six months upfront rental payment)
Additional criteria – IMR applicants:
• Your overall household income must not exceed £90,000 for London property applications, or £80,000 for outside of London
• You cannot own a property or be in the process of buying
• You may be required to live or work in the area to which you are applying
Our lettings team
It is no small admission to say that our success as a landlord is due in part to the strength of our team here at L&Q.
We have cultivated our Lettings team over the years by bringing onboard some of the industry’s most qualified, experienced candidates and developing them in-house so that they are able to meet our exacting standards of customer service delivery.
But there is more that goes into the management of our property than just the customer-facing elements.
We need to make sure all our locations are kept in the best possible condition for incoming tenants, which is where our top-class maintenance team comes into the picture.
Having this in-house capability allows us to respond to incidents quickly and decisively without relying on third-party support.
New property enquiries or applications can be registered by contacting us on 0208 853 6937.
We allocate a Property Manager to each property to make sure you have access to a fully manned support network.
For more information, please contact us online - or call 0300 456 9998 ext. 4000.